3/11/2008

this time tomorrow

In some ways, I think I've outgrown Wes Andersen and that makes a part of me very, very sad. I was watching "The Darjeeling Limited" the other day, and it just didn't give me the same sort of all-consuming joy I felt the first time I watched "Rushmore" and felt like the movie was made just for me. No no, I didn't hate it or anything of the sort. It just felt the same. A good sameness, but the same nonetheless.

What I will say, though, is that Wes and I still share a deep, deep love for The Kinks. A love that I think is reinforced every time I see a scene from a Wes Andersen film in which he manages to place a Kinks song in the absolute absolute perfect perfect place. And makes me love "__(insert incredible song here)___" thirty thousand times more than before. This generally goes for Wes's treatment of Stones and Zombies songs too, but the Kinks, well, they hold a special place.

No comments: