3/16/2008

I'm Headed Straight to Hell, or How the Irish Ruined My Sacred Sunday Morning

So I really needed to talk about how at 9 a.m. this Sunday morning, some sort of very very loud, loud-speakery ruckus was being raised on Lower Queen Anne. In a sleepy stupor I grabbed my computer and googled "What the fuck is going on Queen Anne Sunday March 16." Obvs didn't get me very far. Luckily rational side of brain slowly waking at this point. Looked at the Seattle Center site and realized it's Irish Heritage weekend or something and apparently they're running on UK time, because assholes were having an effing party too damn early on my sleep-in-Sunday morning.

My real point: when I started to write this post, I was trying to think of something funny because I have to try really hard to be funny, and the only things that popped into my head were Bloody Sunday and potato famines. What does this mean? I'm an awful person, on the fast track to H-E-double hockey sticks. Oi.

Oh, I should also point out that yesterday, there was this St. Patrick's Day parade going on downtown on 4th ... which the bus drivers apparently didn't know about. So there were impromptu reroutes on my way to the library (which is like the easiest way to rile up the crazies on the bus, let me tell you). My bus driver pulls some sorta Jack Ryan shit and SIDESWIPES A CAR. Brilliant. THE IRISH ARE FUCKING WITH THE BALANCE OF THE UNIVERSE THIS WEEKEND.

P.S., I need a Wolfhound, stat.

No comments: