1/11/2008

'bama Drama

So I've signed up to be a part of an all-girl political roundtable on Seattlest ... the first installment of which will probably be popping up there soon, FYI. I'm trying to "Be impeccable with my word," this year, so it's a good exercise in helping me articulate why I'm voting the way I am. Some weird chain of events has led me from writing that piece to sitting here at work at 9:39 a.m. reading Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address and biting my lip. I'm realizing I read Lincoln for the same reason I watch "Sense and Sensibility:" they're quick, emotionally swollen punches in the face that get me all teary and doe-eyed ... which for some reason I crave on a dreary Friday in January. I've spent the last week fighting with people about "womanity" but now realize that this is something that genuinely sets me apart from the dudes. Also, I'm about to add something REALLY EXCITING to my Lincoln shrine; I won't spoil the surprise, but OH MAN is it awesome.

No comments: