11/13/2007

babies and babies and babies, oh my!

baby velasco is on his/her way right this second, right over there! (i'm pointing across the street to swedish). i was just poking his/her head on saturday and in a few minutes it's going to be a real THING. babies fascinate me. my maternal instinct is growing (it was stunted there for a while). it's not full-blown "i want one!" phase yet, but i've definitely entered "oh yay! babysitting and baby christmas gift buying!" mode. i need to finish the baby blanket, like, yesterday.

3 comments:

James said...

hey, you probably don't remember me, but we went to school together. the only thing i remember about you is that you were friends with greg, and that your roommate freshman year, a girl named alex, i think, seemed really excited to see me at five in the morning. she must've been drunk because it was the only time she acknowledged my existence, but because it was so early in the morning, i couldn't tell. i was heading downstairs to get a drink of water because i was really dizzy from doing sit-ups (the first time i had exercised in over four years), and she was like, "hey, mannn! how's it goinnnn?" god, i miss bellarmine.

kate said...

James, English major friend of Mary Washington, James? Of course I do.

You are either remembering Abby or Erin: the former is very happy and nice to everyone all the time, the latter very "friendly" and obnoxious when drunk. Ooh that was catty (but true).

I think I was mostly miserable both of the years I lived in Bellarmine. But I kind of miss it anyway.

James said...

erin. thanks for clarifying.