11/27/2007

As soon as I pressed "Post"

on that last post, I realized that I didn't even get to the part I planned to write about in the first place. I have three loves in my life (okay, probably many more): one fantasizes about jellyfish, one wears a cat suit, and the other is my piano. Probably the best gift I've ever received; I am a lucky girl. When I was a kid, and it was Christmastime, I would sit at the piano for hours playing carols. Now I find myself nearing my favorite season, without a repertoire of songs to play. I am dying for some Charlie Brown! Unfortunately, Seattle (for being the music-centric city that it is...or says it is) is seriously lacking in the sheet music department. Capitol Music closed last year. I have to go all the way to the 'burbs for my fix. Not cool! But I will do it for you, Vince Guaraldi! In the meantime, I've so totally fallen in love with Yann Tiersen and just about everything he has ever written for the piano. Oy. And since you're well acquainted with the other two, let me introduce you to my third love:

No comments: