9/26/2008

My backpack

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I have, however, grossly underestimated the amount of time and energy necessary to be a productive graduate student in a school full of insanely smart people. I looked back yesterday on the past week and calculated that I probably spent at least 35 hours studying/writing/pulling my hair out over spss code. I had three papers due and about 400 pages of reading.

Today I bought a backpack. This purchase was long overdue. When I got here I was convinced a purse would do (I have a tendency to carry very large purses). Again, I was mistaken in thinking that graduate school was cute and fun. I mean, it is FUN, but cute? Oh god, very far from it. So today I bought a real backpack. A real backpack that would actually allow me to transport multiple 2" binders, books, lunch, sanity, etc. So if you think I'm overreacting here, I invite you to take a look inside. These are the supplies for my Saturday study session. And this only covers two classes.

5 comments:

James said...

i don't envy you right now, but i am glad that you are doing something more challenging (and cute) than entering reimbursments for $3.00 parking tickets.

kate said...

oh sweet jesus those effing parking tickets. yeah, i like this full time job better.

Pastie said...

I can see you hauling that backpack around now :-).

Sounds like a lot of work. It's actually inspiring to see how much they make grad students do!

Keep the stories coming!

Paula said...

So...how about a "my roomies" post, hm??

Anonymous said...

I agree, SPSS is the devil!