6/05/2008

Help Me Avoid NYC Hobo-dom

Friends, friends, friends:

I am headed to NYC for school at the end of August, and I am going to go ahead and exhaust all possible avenues to find housing. This is where you maybe come in.

Know of anyone who is looking to sub-let an apt on the Upper West Side for a year (last week of August 2008 - Early/Mid-Summer-ish-maybe 2009)??? And/or anyone who is sane and awesome and just as terrified by roommates as I am but equally terrified by NYC apartment costs and is looking for a roomie (who is, you know, also kind of awesome, will cook rad veg food, and is a serious lover of personal space)???

So, my preferences are: Upper West Side (seriously, anywhere; i'm kinda crushing on the 70s, but I'll consider anything); liveable, I like clean things; cat-friendly; within walking distance to GOOD grocery store: I am kind of a strict eater so I need a soy/organic/SEATTLE-friendly market/co-op (don't laugh, bitches); something close to the 1 line, ideally. I would love, love, love to spend under $1300 a month. God, Seattle, I miss you already.

Also, all of that said, there is still a chance I could maybe MAYBE be persuaded to do Brooklyn (Cobble Hill, Prospect Heights, Park Slope, esp.) for the right person/price/place...though most of my classes are at night, so I'm not really loving the idea of a long late night commute. But if you've got 'em, throw 'em this way.

I'm early on in my hunt, so am open to anything at this point. If you know of anything or anyone and are lovely enough to send them my way, I can guarantee you that it will be much, much, much appreciated.

Hugs and thank yous,

kt

No comments: