4/30/2007

jackpot?

saturday we take the boat out, come back up to the marina parking lot and what do we find? someone has thrown out their 40+" samsung lcd television. we suspect the owners of the mega yacht a few slips over, who adam claims he saw pawing over a new big screen the other day. regardless, it is now in my apartment. so adam manhandles this thing for two days (parking lot to car to boat to cameron's car to my house), we plug it in and bravo! it works! for a minute! the lamp is blown. but cheap fix for a $2k television, right? worth it, right? $200 and I get a real television that can handle katamari damancy and some sexy setup with my macbook, right? RIGHT. so now i have this GIANT television eating up half a wall in my tiny apartment, that I refuse to give up on. REFUSE. just so you understand the severity of this bargain, let me explain my current television. in, say, 1994, my parents bought about ten of those giant black box mitsubishi tvs. i have been dragging one of them around from apartment to apartment since i was 18. now 13 years old, this bad boy is still kicking. i even have the original remote, if that gives you any inkling into how well i've cared for this thing. it is a perfect 2x2x2' cube. born before the days of dvds. baby doesn't have anything but a "cable in" and a power button. i've spent the last five years running a dvd player through a vcr, with the most elaborate speaker hook up you can imagine. it's time to let him fade away.... also samsung related: dudes, remember when you wooed me with your blackjack and convinced me that by bumping up its memory i could also use it in lieu of a new mp3 player? remember? also remember how you failed to tell me that no one on this planet sells a pair of headphones compatible with your special little headphone port? i do! you're on my shitlist.

No comments: